The Adriatic-Ionian Transnational Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 (ADRION), in its core, contributes to the implementation of EU Strategy for Adriatic-Ionian region (EUSAIR) and aims to enhance the development of policies and innovations able to accelerate the European integration of Partner Countries such as Montenegro.
The meeting opened with the welcome greetings of the Deputy Executive Director of the Port of Bar, Mr. Deda Đelović, addressed to a variety of local stakeholders, such as the European Integration Office, Institute of Marine Biology, the Chamber of Economy of Montenegro, the Municipality of Bar and the Tourism Organizations of Bar and of Herceg Novi.
Mr. Miodrag Račeta, Head of the Department for European Territorial Cooperation (European Integration Office – Government of Montenegro), reviewed the main points on overall participation of Montenegrin partners in projects funded by the ADRION Programme, stressing out the successful implementation of numerous projects whose the Port of Bar is partner.
9 ADRION projects have been presented:
- ARIEL – Promoting small scale fisheries and aquaculture transnational networking in Adriatic-Ionian microregion (Institute of Marine Biology)
- SUPAIR – Sustainable Ports in the Adriatic-Ionian region (“Port of Bar” H.Co.)
- MultiAPPRO – Multidisciplinary approach and solutions to development of intermodal transport in region (“Port of Bar” H.Co.)
- SHIPmEnTT – StrengtHening Intellectual Property and technology transfer processes in green sea mobiliTy secTors (Chamber of Economy Montenegro)
- HarmoNIA – Harmonization and Networking for contaminant assessment in the Ionian and Adriatic Seas (Institute of Marine Biology)
- ADRIPASS – Integrating multimodal connections in the Adriatic-Ionian region (“Port of Bar” H.Co.)
- Inter-Connect – Intermodality Promotion and Rail Renaissance in Adriatic-Ionian Region (“Port of Bar” H.Co.)
- NEWBRAIN – Nodes enhancing Waterway bridging Adriatic-Ionian Network (“Port of Bar” H.Co.)
As far as the ISTEN project is concerned, the Port of Bar pointed to the importance of the Local Action Plan currently under development for the port and the entire area as well as how it will feed into the Strategic Action Plan. Furthermore, the Local Context Analysis developed within the project was brought to participants in order to understand the current situation and the development potential towards the modal shift from road to rail.